Subject: [Leica] M9 improvements
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:17:39 -0600

Hi All,

For what it is worth, I agree pretty much with everything Geoff says
here.

The M8, 8.2, and 9 are photographer's cameras. I appreciate all of the
things my D700 can do, especially its low light performance, but as
for the incredibly complex variations of automation it offers, well, I
for one don't really need it. Or miss it on my M8. I know how to use a
camera, and I'm sure everyone on this list, at least, does too.

Articulating screen? Live view? Nice, but the M8's viewfinder is nicer
IME. If I want to shoot video, I'll use the Panasonic P-system
camcorder and do it right.

And Leica glass has got me back to shooting wide open first, stopping
down only when needed as was the case when I used M6s for work.

I thought the lack of a self-cleaning sensor would be a bigger deal
for me than it has been. I got spoiled with Olympus gear a few years
ago in this regard, but a little air blower gets it done for me about
once a month on the M8.

So, after all this, I'm on the waiting list for the next black M9
coming to town. The price ain't coming down...

Will von Dauster

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] M9 improvements)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M9 improvements)