Subject: [Leica] LCD Protector for M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:44:02 -0400

> If Leica continues to produce a M9 after 2 or 3 years, it won't be the
> same camera inside. If that will be the case, why not call it a M10?
>
> Regards,
> Spencer

Because an M10 indicates a whole new design like the difference  between the
M3 and M3, M2 and M4, any of those and the M6.
And for sure the M5 did not resemble any of them

If the some of the electronic companies are not made any more and the
results you'd get from the new component in there as noticeably different
they'd call it an M9-2 or somthin like that.

Like the M4-2 or M4-p or M6 TTL

If its not quite the same camera they call it something a little different.

A M10 could have a redone rangefinder viewfinder that zooms so you could
have zooms.
A built in hard disk.
AF with the body moving the lens.
Any number of combination of real noticeable advances which makes the
shooting experience into really something else.
And nothing that I can think of that I'd want.
I don't want no M10. I don't need no M10.

But the M9 as is is a commercial photographers camera in the body of a photo
journalists camera.  A Leica M.
You don't need 18 MP's - you do need higher ISO's for a Leica M digital.
A tweak of that slightly different camrea is due very very soon.
As there are plenty of people whose such DSLR's you're not going to pry out
of their hands unless you match their specs a little closer.
The M9 needs to not be competing against the super high end super cameras
with their jacked up MP's and sawed off ISO's and 8 grand price tags. Like
the Nikon D3x.
It needs go go up against the D3s. Costing 4 grand. The Leica would cost 5
or 6.

I don't know the Canon stuff and I'm not going to look it up.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)
Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)