Subject: [Leica] Heliar 50mm f3.5
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:13:55 -0400

> I remember that when it first came out the Heliar 50/3.5 was reviewed in
> Mod.
> Photo. as being the sharpest 50 they'd ever tested.

I think Cosina is brilliant in using above average glasses better than Nikon
Canon glass choices perhaps but with conservative speed compact designs.
While Leica goes all out on out of the ballpark glass choices  and hobbled
by unreasonably high speed speed choices.
So now we have a choice of a half dozen lenes costing 6 grand each.
To me this is not Leica this is bloating.
But there are exceptions.
The 18mm 3.8
The 24 3.8
The 90  f4 macro
Most  are better performers for less money and better ergonomics than the f
1.4 high price spreads.

F 3.8 and be there.

Mark William Rabiner