Subject: [Leica] IMG: Unknown airplane
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 16:39:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin at gmail.com> wrote:

>Can any airplane maven on the LUG tell me what this is? I came across it on
>the tarmac of the USAF museum in Dayton, OH and I neglected to note the
>manufacturer. The only tri-motor airplane that I know by sight is the old
>Ford trimotor.
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Unknown+airplane.jpg.html
>Larry Z
I think it might be a Fairchild Trimotor from the 1950's.  Somewhere in my
library
of books and magazines there is a picture of this taking off with rocket
assist, but I can't
remember which publication it's in.

BTW, last week I went to the university library semi-annual used book sale
and among other
things picked up (for 25 cents) an original Republic Avaiation sales
brochure for the SeaBee (like the one
in your picture a couple of weeks ago).

Alan

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee