Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:09:29 -0500

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM, H. Ball Arche <h_arche at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If my photographs only showed me I'd already seen - flat, without the smell
> and the noise, and stripped of the sense of a rushing moment in the time of
> their own making - I'd have quit in boredom a long time ago. It's the
> wonder
> in a camera's capacity to catch something I could never have seen in that
> moment, the discovery of some chance combination of form and light, a lucky
> combination of expression and gesture, that keeps me at it. My favorites of
> my own photographs are ones I look at and think 'I don't remember it that
> way at all'.

Maybe I oversimplified my point; I have a bad habit of doing that.   My best
pictures, I always say, are the ones that jump out in front of my camera and
get caught.

Sometimes I see the light first, then I see something coming into the light
and shoot.

Sometimes I see something first and watch for it to get into good light and
shoot.

Sometimes I  see something and wait for it to do something and shoot.

Most of the time, I try to have a camera with me, with a fresh battery, set
for the correct ISO, so I can be ready to be lucky if a shot comes along,
just in case, you understand.

--
Regards,

Sonny