Subject: [Leica] Still toying with getting a 75mm Summilux
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:33:03 -0400

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> Never in a million years would I want the 1.4 over the Leica Telephoto 75mm
> f/2.0 APO Summicron M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens (6-Bit, Updated for
> Digital) and get cutting edge compact modern Leica performance to knock out
> Canon and Nikon results.
> Sorry to rub owners of the Summilux the wrong way but it seems  to me
> quaint, dated and overblown, front heavy and bloated, too heavy, old.
> A result of the speed wars of the 60's and 70's see Erwin's thing on the
> 75mm focal lengh:
> http://www.imx.nl/photo/leica/lenses/lenses/page82.html
>

> Mark William Rabiner

I kind of like my old, quaint, outdated 75/1.4  :-)
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/85506026
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/85542848

It's my second favorite lens on the M8, after the 35/1.4.  I think I'm
going to love it on the M9.

Tina
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Still toying with getting a 75mm Summilux)