Subject: [Leica] Still toying with getting a 75mm Summilux
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:27:37 -0700

I think this is one of the most beautiful shots I have seen in a while.....
While unconventional as a portrait, and I am sure that if it is of your
Daughter ( it looks to be female eyes and hair), you caught a lot of grief,
it is wonderful!

I think you used the 75 LUX, but please confirm.... ( very limited DOF)

One of the problems of comparing the 75 or 90 Summilux, Summicron, Elmarit,
and Summarit is that they are always shot and compared wide open.... and
that is a 2 stop range ....  Shooting them all at F2.8 would be
A fairer comparison of image QUALITY, but leaves out the obvious differences
of what less DOF can do for you.....and then there is the "B" word....
subjective as it is.....

Maybe someone should have asked....
Vick..... what kinds of images do you primarily want to shoot with any 75?
Portraits?  Scenics?  PJ Stuff?  Family stuff?  Just plain low light stuff?
M8 or Film or both?

Note:  There is a 75/2 now at that auction place for around $2600.....and
that $2500-2700 seems to be the recent, actual selling price.....
But if you go to KEH.com... There is at least one 75/1.4 that might do the
price trick for you.......
And 75 2.5 are all over the place as demos for $1300-1400

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/data/3190/32crop00111.jpg

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Still toying with getting a 75mm Summilux)