Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 03:57:51 -0400

> That is only your opinion. I respect it. But I find it is interesting
> that you comment on lenses other than the one I had mentioned, but
> that is typical when people would like to justify a point of view a
> any cost.
> Cheers
> Jayanand
>
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net
> <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
>>

>> Well, you have to live with inferior low light performance in that
>> case. I think that the Nikon 200-400 is no slouch though, and at the
>> normal print sizes that you have for sale nobody would be able to tell
>> the difference from your 280 APO-Telyt.
>> <<<
>>
>> Since the first person I have to satisfy is myself, high-ISO performance
>> only interests me if it comes with DMR image quality. ?Comparing the 280mm
>> f/4 APO-Telyt's performance with the AF 300mm f/4 ED-IF I bought for my
>> brother or the pre-IF 300mm f/4.5 ED I still have and which Bj?rn R?rslett
>> rates so highly, sorry to be so blunt but neither of these Nikkors
>> measures
>> up to the APO-Telyt, optically, mechanically or ergonomically. ?Not even
>> close.
>>
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>> http://www.willdightphoto.com

I wanted to see for myself how gorgeous the f4 280 APO-Telyt was so I
scoured the internet finally finding the best shot all exited to show Doug
maybe he hadn't seen it before. On  a Leicaflex yet!
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/280a40.jpg
But then the phrase wildlightphoto kind of rang a bell.

Most of the shots of I found where on Nikons.

Mark William Rabiner