Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:50:04 -0400 (EDT)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Ted, in all honesty, does it matter one iota what camera was used to take
>the picture?
>
>Not the question of technical quality, just  the kind ( brand name) of the
>camera.....
>
>THAT is what I rebel against.. and other, similar,  stupidities.....
>
>True.. the demands of the industry are worthless to me.....

Alamy's list of recommended cameras are guidelines, they're cameras that the
agency has found are capable of producing the technical quality they want in
their stock images.  There certainly are other cameras not listed that will
meet the agency's minimum requirements, and there's no exclusion of
high-quality images made with cameras that are not on this 'recommended'
list.

They also have a list of cameras which they have determined do not meet
their expectations for image quality.  IIRC older low-res dSLR cameras and
P&S cameras dominate this second list.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com