Subject: [Leica] iso 100.000+??
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:41:24 -0400 (EDT)

Steve Barbour wrote:

>On Oct 21, 2009, at 10:19 PM, grduprey at mchsi.com wrote:
>

>> Why do we need iso 100,000?  I seem to remember we all got along
>> just fine with iso 400 or 800.  Seems like just a race to see who
>> can supply the highest iso before the next guy.
>

>good question...
>
>I used to shoot in almost total darkness with asa 400 on film at  f1,
>a  Noctilux, that was usually fine...
>
>now we have fast lenses with ISO   400-800, even 1200...
>

>what am I missing?

I'd love to get the same image quality I'm presently getting with the DMR
but at a faster ISO.  I lost numerous photos last weekend to subject motion.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] iso 100.000+??)