Subject: [Leica] OK, which medium format FILM camera for portraiture
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:49:55 -0400

> SO what's a good starter Hassy? 501 series (C or CM?)? 201? FLEX-body?!!!
>
> Probably not the SWC, the Mamiya 7II 43mm Biogon-clone is supposed to
> be better than the SWC, if you trust Ken Rockwell (....)

CM over the C for sure  you can put a bright screen in and that makes a huge
difference.
Feel free to email me  on further info as all this OT might rub some  people
the wrong way. Their is s HUG Hassy list but its really getting few and far
between.

The SWC what I as an old timer would call an Hasselblad Superwide takes
regular Hassy backs but otherwise is a life support system for the 38
Biogon. A true wide angle lens. Total non distortion.
But you can't call it a medium format Leica as the camera goes off with a
loud clack. These cameras have retained their value amazingly at least the
last time I looked the Superwide.

I have an ELM (you don't really want) and a 503 CM
Its a buyers market like no other camera system.
Thousands of dollars have turned into hundreds.
Get the Hasselblad System Compendium : Richard Nordin (Hardcover, 2003) its
all there.
Every odd back, finder, do dad.

Mark William Rabiner