Subject: [Leica] Vertical Line/Banding in M8 is getting worst, and it happends on M9 also, Kodak Problem?
From: jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:05:49 +0700

Just read this from l-camera forum

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/103165-update-thin-dead-line.html

Thanks to LouisB for sharing this info:

"The problem is, that the line, which was previously prominent at
approximately pixel 810 (vertical) had disappeared. I shot with the camera
again last weekend and still no line of dead pixels. I sent an email to
Leica UK asking if they could explain this behaviour and this is the
response below from Solms:

*"Yes, the camera (or the sensor) can produce lines which are gone on later
pictures. This happens, when the camera is beeing used with high ISO
settings for a longer time period. Then the sensor gets warm. Once the
sensor cools off, the lines are gone. Though to confirm if this is the case
with this particular camera it would be best if we check the camera before
the warranty runs out."*

As it happens, I first noticed this problem in exactly these conditions. I
was doing a project which was working at high iso (640) for prolonged
periods. In fact for about 5 weeks I probably rarely shot at anything but
iso640. Might explain the behaviour.

Anyway I post this in case others find this information useful"