Subject: [Leica] Vertical Line/Banding in M8 is getting worst, and it happends on M9 also, Kodak Problem?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, I don't belong there.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jerry Justianto <jsjgroups at gmail.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Wed, October 21, 2009 8:56:00 PM
Subject: [Leica] Vertical Line/Banding in M8 is getting worst, and it
happends on M9  also, Kodak Problem?

My vertical banding used to be occationally appear in 2008, and
somtimes need to be tweaked with photoshop to see it, so I thought it
is a temporary or occasional problem. But now is repeatable in ISO
1250 on 30% of the pics shows them. And on ly less than 1% on ISO 160
are noticable.

What I am afraid of this progressive problem in M8, might happened
also in M9, saw the sample pictures of this guy at

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/people/98260-m9-tests.html

shows that in one picture appears the vertical line. I know from my
experience this kind of thing is getting worst in the future. So
anyone of you who occasionaly get vertical line problem even 1 in 1000
pictures, better get it back to Leica ASAP before your warranty
expired.

Is this the Time Leica to dumb the Kodak sensor? Rethink about buying
M9 now... Might cancel my M9 order if Leica don't fix my M8 for free.

Jerry