Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: wendythurman at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:18:32 +0500

When I got serious about underwater work, I found a (very low paying)
job in the Cayman Islands working in the dive business.  I'd spend
days finding a subject- I was shooting almost exclusively macro- then
once that was done, I'd shoot as many rolls of film as I possibly
could on that one thing.  This meant several dives that, depending
upon the depth, often resulted in decompression diving.  It got real
technical real fast, the equipment cost a fortune (Nikon F4 in an
Aquatica housing with a lot of lighting), and there weren't many
people doing that sort of thing.

I've never shot digital underwater.  It's still quite expensive but a
lot more people are doing it with a lot better results.  If I had one
or two acceptable images on a 36 exposure roll of Velvia, I had a
successful dive.  The bar has definitely been raised.

Wendy