Subject: [Leica] Easy decisions for M9 or not
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:25:15 -0400 (EDT)

Wendy Thurman wrote:

> ... on the recent workshop I attended in Provence, the workshop leader
> (who does photographic work for Nat Geo Traveler) mentioned
> that wildlife/nature photography was the best paying area these days.
> Fifteen years ago I managed to sell the occasional underwater shot but it
> was tough then- I imagine it's very hard these days.

I'd say it's exponentially more difficult to make a sale because the
equipment developments in the last 15 years have removed a LOT of the
technical barriers that limited the number of technically acceptable photos.
 Today there's a HUGE flood of adequate photos, the really good work can
easily get lost in the deluge.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com