Subject: [Leica] Cycling anyone?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:06:57 -0700

> Can anyone recommend me a good bag that can be preferably attached to the
> bicycle ,not to my body? and can protect the camera in small accidents. I'm
> recently doing a lot of cycling, but the camera is something that I'm
> afraid
> to take with. the bag should have enough space for and R9 and lens.
>
> Best regards
> Ali Yazdi

When I carry cameras in a couple ways on my bike.  I have a small
handlebar bag that carries an energy bar, a case for my glasses, a
handkerchief, a PB&J and a camera the size of a Canon G10. It's a
little soft bag without a lot padding but it's protected by the sweep
of the handlebars. It's difficult, but possible, to access while
riding.

On RAGBRAI and on longer rides (60 miles or more) when I want my M8
with me, I carry it in a bag that attaches to the rack behind my seat
over the back wheel. I have bubble wrap that I put around the camera
and I have a couple of those small air-filled plastic pillows that
Amazon seems so fond of selling.

I haven't gone down while riding with this rig but it's pretty stable.

I can also carry a camera in my larger Camelbak.

I have seen guys who have handlebar-mounted hardcases that would be
big enough for an M with a relatively small 35 or 21. The cases use a
sort of snap-on mount. Not compatible with carbon fiber handlebars
though.

My only camera casualty in the past decade has been on my bike when I
was shooting with a nearly new G10, dropped it and it managed to land
on a rock and kersmash. Sigh. Maybe I'll replace it with the G11 - I
like that form factor.

Adam

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Cycling anyone?)
Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Cycling anyone?)