Subject: [Leica] Leica] OT: A pox on all virus and malware writers
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:16:08 -0700

The really sad part is that during the Russia-Georgia war there was a
cyber-war component in which the Russians recruited organized crime/malware
operatives to infiltrate the Georgian (and surroundings) net. They did
serious damage and may have succeeded in getting into financial
institutions. A friend of ours who may or may not be with NSA disappeared
for a couple of months about that time and when he/she surfaced shared the
NSA guides for securing Macs (you can google it) with the comment that
things are getting weaponized out there in a very ugly way.
Suddenly I'm starting to take security even more seriously than I have
before and feel overwhelmed by it all. I never respond to anything related
to financials and never go near Windows. Maybe Windows 7 will be better.

I'm still locking down Mac OS X 10.6. I don't think I'm too paranoid, maybe
not enough.

Adam

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Leica] OT: A pox on all virus and malware writers)