Subject: [Leica] Cycling anyone?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:13:47 -0700

Boy, bikes and birds just don't seem to go together very well in my
experience. Except for raptors sitting on power lines or poles most
birds don't seem to react well to approaching bikes. I find it
amazing, really. Especially egrets and herons - wow - they just head
for the hills, and even small birds won't allow a close approach where
in a car I can get much much closer. I wonder if it's the leg motion?
The spokes? It surprised me the first time.

Turkeys don't seem to like bikes either - I've been chased by toms
when I managed to try to pass a flock crossing the road. Those beaks
do NOT look inviting. And theres a flock? that hangs around the
cemetery here in town that have given my wife the willies so she won't
ride within a block of them.

I have, however, seen foxes, eagles, and even a river otter.

Adam

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM, wildlightphoto at earthlink.net