Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:34:50 -0700

What Douglas sed.

Although is was a relatively short run, the Carl Zeiss Foundation of
Japan/lKyocera/Contax/Zeiss GMBH party worked really well for
thousands of serious photographers.

Even my little Contax T2 with the T* 38mm f2.8 produced some lovely
"coffee table book-sized" landscapes that defied reason.

I'd put the 100 f2 (which was rumored to include APO glass) up against
any other 35mm neg portrait lens out there.

And the 21mm f2.8 was virtually distortion-free and sharp to the
edges.  All for a price, of course.

And come to think of it, I never had a lick of trouble with the RTS II
or the RX bodies.

And the (bought used) T2 lasted nearly 12 years before the ceramic
pressure plate cracked (during the Grand Canyon Trip - still puzzled
about how/why that happened).

Do I now enjoy and love my R gear?  Hell, yes.

Bob