Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:29:28 +0200

And what, pray, is so bad about Kyocera (aka Yashica) lenses?

In a relation performance to price, they knocked the socks off quite a
few of the bigger manufacturers.

Their CY mount 2.8/55 Macro is close to being spectacular, and the
3.5/21mm is up there with the best. The 2.8/135 Zeiss (possibly Kyocera
- not sure) is also a superb lens.

Yashica's earlier fixed-lens RFs (GSN (1.7/45), 35 GX (1.7/40), etc.)
delivered superb results, even wide open

Why does everybody still knock Yashica? - I grew up with their SLRs
(Electro-X, FR, FX-D) and Contax SLRs (RTS, 137MD) long before I got my
first Leica and always got great results.

Douglas