Subject: [Leica] was: Leica content, now get busy
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:14:14 -0500

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at
gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally I AM an advocate of Leica content in the LUG and Yearbook.
> However I recognise that I am in a minority.  I'm not sure that "virtually
> all" are not is correct though!

My contributions have been all Leica, and I suppose shall be, just because
that's mostly what I shoot, with the exception of a V/C lens not duplicated
in the Leica line-up.  That said, I don't draw a line on the beach sand, if
someone has a nice bikini shot or no bikini atoll (very old pun)

> I'll contribute again this year FWIW but I'm flummoxed why books full of
> Leica photographs from many of the best in the LUG (my alternatives not
> replacements for your compilations) attract almost zero interest in
> comparison. Very different approaches certainly.

Well, I'll tell you about that.  Demands on the bucks these days  mean
choosing, and I can't be filling up my bookcase at this point in my life.
In fact, I'm doing just the opposite, clearing and giving away.

Why don't you guys just get into a posting frenzy, so some of us guys who
post week in and week out won't feel so lonely out here?

You know, you don't have to go halfway around the Earth on an amazingly
expensive holiday to take a flipping picture.  I sat in my easy chair the
other night and took one.

Four shots, the first three blocks from my house, the second a block further
away, the next ten miles away, the last in my house. Get busy guys.

Geeze.

--
Regards,

Sonny