Subject: [Leica] Leica Forum
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:38:49 -0700

On Sep 28, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> Hi Lluis. The editor of that book compiled quite a big volume of
> shared work
> from L Camera Forum members. This book is the equivalent of our LUG
> Yearbook, except that the photographs were all made with Leica
> equipment in
> one form or another and is from Forum mebers, naturally. The L
> Camera Forum
> is only for Leica equipment. That last rules out any promotion of
> the LUG
> Yearbook there.
> As far as I know Alastair is not a member of that Forum. His Family
> of Man 2
> project book is very fine indeed.
> http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/259512

an exceptional book, and an amazing effort from Alastair Firkin, and
many many LUG members, over 5 years of competition and another several
years of preparation...

given the thought provoking beauty of so many of the photographs in
this book, it should be a landmark, instead of a footnote...

it should be reborn with larger photos, that fill the pages,  and a
smaller price, to breath new life into a monumental work

that should be on every shelf, and talked about every single day...

yes,  I really think so...    Steve

like Geoff says below...