Subject: [Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:23:39 -0400

Frank, I took a close look at my 12586 hood.

The thread that you see at the front of the hood, might not be a
thread.  Leica used to cut what looked like a thread, into surfaces that
they wanted to reduce the light reflection from, like the insides of
hoods and lens tubes.  While it might look like a thread, it may be on a
steep angle, or not a fully cut depth to be a true thread.

regards
Vick