Subject: [Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:35:55 -0700

Frank,

I have the same Summilux and hood as you do.  I have had NO difficulty
in installing the hood so
that it "locks" on to the lens.  However, my 12586 hood does NOT come
apart.  I use standard
Leica and Leitz E43 filters.   Other brands do not work.

The UV/ IR filters are for those fortunate to own a M8 or M8-2.. They
would be a waste on a
film camera.

Jerry Lehrer

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters)