Subject: [Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:16:38 -0400

Frank

The old Summilux 50mm f1.4 used a slim-rim E43 filter, which allowed the
12586 hood to fit on the lens and filter.  The rim was thinner than the
standard 43mm filters from other vendors.  I don't have a new E43UV/IR
filter, so I don't know if it would allow a 12586 filter to go over it.

As far as I understood, the 12586 hood was a one-piece hood.  Maybe
yours has come apart due to age or wear, but I don't recall that it was
a 2 piece hood.  There were other 2-piece hoods, which allowed using a
series filter (series 8 for the f1.2 Noctilux, for instance).

Hope this helps.

...Vick

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters)
Message from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Question on 50 Summilux.....and the M8 filters)