Subject: [Leica] barcelona streets at night
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:47:23 -0700

On Aug 29, 2009, at 6:06 AM, nicolas vigier wrote:

>> Nicolas,
>>

>> bonjour and welcome...
>>
>> I enjoyed greatly your series Barcelona at night, and I have
>> returned to it
>> several times...
>>

>> maybe it's my screen or maybe it wasn't really night,  my
>> impression is
>> that with one or two exceptions the photos are too bright, and the
>> street
>> lights are overexposed...
>
> It was night, but it's true that they are bright, and that streets
> lights
> are overexposed. But there is more details on the dark parts, so I
> think
> it's nice too.

my impression was just that, not a criticism, rather an observation...

a good part of what makes night, and all that goes with it, is the
darkness, that there are things you do not see, can not see...

>> they would be more correct (fwiw) and much more atmospheric, if
>> they were
>> darker...assuming you want it to look like night...
>
> Maybe. I need to try an other scan to see. Thanks for pointing this.

whatever...though it's of course obvious...

unless your goal is to shoot at night, and still show things that you
can't see at night...

and if that is your goal, by all means go for it...

Steve