Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 34 - Phx's - Nancy, Fr.
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:48:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mark!
Thanks for viewing it with a benevolent yet professional eye.
Yes it is the wonderful Leica D Elmarit, discontinued as good things go by.
But the gear is immaterial.

ISO 100 to prevent grain/noise.
2.8 to 'freeze' some of the forms painted with moving light, and to prevent
a too long exposure when the sensor heats up (was still about 28?c at the
time I was shooting, sorry not featured either in the metadata.
I tried closing down to 5.6 but with less convincing results.

Yes, photography is the art of compromise ...

As uncompromising Luggers we all know this in spite of our endless quest for
the perfect, ultimate gear or option. And sharing on the LUG is part of
sharing opinions on our 'best' compromises, and learning from them.
Your help is therefore much appreciated on this side of the pond where the
temps are close to yours.

I hope your Mac has finally made a safe landing.

Bien amicalement
Sweating Philippe in Strasbourg

Message du 19/08/09 22:06