Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 34 - Phx's - Nancy, Fr.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:08:28 -0400

> Hi Mark!
Thanks for viewing it with a benevolent yet professional eye.
Yes it
> is the wonderful Leica D Elmarit, discontinued as good things go by.
But the
> gear is immaterial.

ISO 100 to prevent grain/noise.
2.8 to 'freeze' some of
> the forms painted with moving light, and to prevent a too long exposure
> when
> the sensor heats up (was still about 28?c at the time I was shooting, sorry
> not featured either in the metadata.
I tried closing down to 5.6 but with less
> convincing results.

Yes, photography is the art of compromise ...

As
> uncompromising Luggers we all know this in spite of our endless quest for
> the
> perfect, ultimate gear or option. And sharing on the LUG is part of sharing
> opinions on our 'best' compromises, and learning from them.
Your help is
> therefore much appreciated on this side of the pond where the temps are
> close
> to yours.

I hope your Mac has finally made a safe landing.

Bien
> amicalement
Sweating Philippe in Strasbourg

Thanks Philippe!