Subject: [Leica] S2 release dates and prices
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:59:14 +0000 (GMT)

I sort of know what you mean but my point was that even if Leica believe
that their system matches a 50 megapixel system with conventional AA filter
that this is a moot point since such a thing does not exist AFAIK, all the
MF backs have no AA filter. When I get home I will look into the sensor
stuff from Kodak to see how different their sensor for Leica may be to those
for their other clients. I only know of Dalsa and Kodak making these large
sensors. I also believe they are all CCD types. Perhaps other people can
correct this if not true.
Anyway, my Leica experience leads me to?expect the S2 to be better than the
competition, but not cheaper. I will not be able to afford one though.
cheers,
Frank