Subject: [Leica] Se ñ oritas at the phone
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:46:34 -0400

At 07:21 PM 7/24/2009, you wrote:
>999 guys on the list.
>1 gal
>Lets wise up.
>
>Mark William Rabiner

O.K. as the one gal I guess I have to speak up.  Street photography,
to me, should be what's visible on the street if you were a fly on
the wall.  I don't want to be noticed.  No acknowledgement of the
photographer and no permission obtained ahead of time.  That's not
documentary photography if the subject is posing for photos.  For
street photography or documentary photography (I confess, I'm not
sure what the difference should be.), the photographer should be
invisible and unacknowledged.

As far as the Senorita type photos, they do absolutely nothing for me
but I understand that some of you like them (999 of you anyway).
;-)  I usually skip over them unless there is a chorus of admiration
and then I'll check in and usually find sexy boobs or lots of skin
and I'll forward them to my husband who also enjoys those
photos.  Most of the gals who are exposing all of that skin are doing
it to be noticed so it doesn't bother me at all that you are
photographing them and showing them.  If they are appearing in public
that way, they are asking to be noticed.  I don't think "cheesecake"
type photos are great art, but YMMV!  ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Se ñ oritas at the phone)