Subject: [Leica] Se ñ oritas at the phone
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:21:38 -0400

> Mark,
> PMFJI but this is a very US perspective and not at all a European one.
> Women have had the vote for >100 years here in the UK and attitudes
> vary a great deal from those prevalent in the USA. In France, where I
> lived for 4 years, it is quite different again.
> You are unwise to judge photographic conventions in Spain using
> American conventions.
> IMHO
> Frank

Frank, Street photography is not the backs of peoples heads with telephoto
lenes.
That's Voyeurism. Surveillance. An annoying invasion of privacy which we
don't need to be validating.

The esthetics of photography is a world wide thing
Magnum is a world wide organization. Magazines and papers are read world
wide and the internet thing dwarfs it all. I don't think there is a
cherished old world Spanish sensibly which is a point I'm not seeing.

- beautiful women don't like guys photographing them anymore in
surreptitious manner.
Hence backs of heads.

Not with "girl watcher" cheap long lenes from Spirotone.
Not with expensive Leicas.

Show me faces;
Of people perhaps dimly aware of being photographed;
That's street photography.

Not just beautiful women we can leer at but guys and dogs and ducks.

999 guys on the list.
1 gal
Lets wise up.

Mark William Rabiner