Subject: [Leica] Why Leicas with Nazi symbols should be trashed,
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 04:19:04 -0700 (PDT)

Back in the late '80s when artists first started mounting curatorial
projects as their 'work', a woman whose name I've forgotten but remember as
being of the witchy-newager sort (and jewish, as it happens) put together a
very thoroughly researched and illustrated show at the Cultural Center (the
old downtown library) that was aimed at reclaiming and rehabilitating the
swastika. I seem to recall she tracked its origins and appearance on every
populated continent except Australia.

How are you making out? I haven't been spending a lot of time here lately,
but when I do drop in to a thread your posts are the ones I usually read (as
opposed to Goerge Lottermoser and Hoppy, who I tend to avoid like the
plague).

Me, I'm unemployed at the moment and waiting to see what'll turn up. More
than likely I'll have to relocate, so I'm busily sorting through all my crap
and getting rid of the stuff I don't really need or use. If things take the
turn where I have to go out and be a pro-shooter, I'll probably drop you a
line for practical gear advice on Nikon kits in various price ranges. But
that's down the line yet.

H.