Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:24:57 +0100

Hi Mark,
There have been big problems with the latest pro EOS 1D and 1Ds mk 3
cameras with the autofocus. Also the non EOS 1D family autofocus
modules are crude compared to the latest Nikon ones, and the higher
end Nikons like D700 and D300 have the D3 focus module which is way
the best AF I have tried. The Canon 5D is way cruder than the Nikon
D700 at autofocus, if this is an important feature for you.
One of my friends who is a Pro with over 30 years Canon use, even with
photos in many Canon publications, changed to Nikon this year after
evaluating in the winter. He was having lots of problens with his EOS
cameras. He told me that the Nikon was very much better at autofocus.
He is not alone, many other pros are changing at the moment.
cheers,
Frank