Subject: [Leica] To Sell or Not to Sell
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 06:12:50 -0400

Well that's good to hear I have a soft spot for Nikons having used them
since 1973 pretty much non stop.
Canon was well ahead of Nikon in the late 80's with motors in the lenses
with nikon having them just in the bodies sounding like mini robots and the
non AFS lenes still do sound that way. But the Nikons certainly did pull
ahead once they figured themselves around that formidable AF motor patent.

The Nikons know which color the metering is looking at and how far away it
is all helping with its metering which helps its auto focus is how I
understand it. RGB metering - its out standing alone in the field.
I really never of course had anything against Canon EOS's just the attitudes
of a whole lot of the people who used them.  They feel sorry for you not
being a serious photographer not using their favorite camera. I'm glad
they're been taken down a notch.
I Loved the canon F1.
It was a real hockey puck.

Lots of Canon Nikon Comparison rhetoric over the past 6 years has really
been not about the two camera systems but about the two different formats.
Cropped and uncropped.
Now that both are uncropped its Nikons turn to take off.
And for the reasons just mentioned.

Mark William Rabiner