Subject: [Leica] was I photo help OT now iMac screen
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

Not to argue with you, but try this.

In the Systems Preferences select for Desktop & Screen Saver; in the left
hand side of the window go to the Apple dropdown and highlight Solid Colors.
Bring up, in turn, a white screen, a middle grey screen, the brighter blue
screen, and the green screen.

Get back across the room and like for backlight banding, and warm-cool
shifts, the latter especially in the white and grey screens. You may have to
squint a little.

There is a lot of individual variation from machine to machine, as I learned
at the mac store by checking this on every iMac they had on the floor. If
you're not seeing it then you lucked out and got a great one.