Subject: [Leica] QUESTION????? Kodachrome RIP
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:37:17 -0400

I do like the color I get now and I suspect we've surpassed the color of the
1990s.
A nice compromise on this nostalgia combined with hands on realism ideas
would be when we go back and scan a Kodachrome slide from decades gone
by....
And print it with the newest inks and papers.
Perhaps we'd get the best from both worlds?

I do think the image grabbers they've got in the cameras now are great and
getting greater every minute.
Color photography is at an all time high from all I can tell.
Its black and which which now does not have a clear cut advantage with
what's happening now.
If we shoot PAN F and develop it in Pyro or something great and print it in
the darkroom would it clearly surpass what we'd get black and white wise
from a capture and print on rag paper Quadtone or just Epson inks?
Don't know for sure.
But I do feel like I'm doing more than ok with the stuff I'm using now.
Which is an Epson 3800 with regular pigment inks from Epson.
On rag papers.
>From cropped captures.

Mark William Rabiner