Subject: [Leica] QUESTION????? Kodachrome RIP
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:47:37 +0000 (UTC)

Ted, the probable answer is: "sure, digital resolution will equal KM25
someday."? But the other question in my mind, which I think pretty clearly
is going to get a "no," is: "will we ever see a hi-res sensor that has a
native ISO sensitivity of 25?"? Everyone wants to see in the dark with their
variable aperture zooms?- no one wants to exploit the wide-open performance
of superior large-aperture primes in daylight (of course, not many people
are buying such lenses today, anyway).

I shot Kodachrome not just for the resolution and color but also for its
slow speed.? I used to shoot Ektar 25 for the same reason.?

*sigh*

John Newell