Subject: [Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:39:43 -0500

I keep struggling to not make a comment on this thread because my
experience with the M8 has been so disappointing, but the vast
majority of owners seem to have no problem with theirs. That said, I
appear to have gotten two back to back lemons, and it is disappointing
that a company with Leica's reputation is putting out any lemons. I
attribute this to their newness to digital technology, not
craftsmanship. All of my problems to date seem to have been problems
in the software/firmware/circuitry/electronics.

Jeffery