Subject: [Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:24:08 -0500

Some will remember me as a huge critic of the M8. I was enormously
disappointed.

I bought a "Code-U" M8.2 from my local dealer at a very good price (less
then $4500) about four months ago. (Code-U are used or demo cameras from
Leica that have a one year warranty.)

I have a few minor gripes but this is the camera I was hoping for two and
half years ago. I have carried it with me everyday since. Not sure if I'll
ever use my M7s seriously again.

Frankly at $6000 I wouldn't have bought one. But at the price I paid, I have
0 complaints.

Dave.

--
2009 PAW Gallery: www.david-keenan.com/paw
Web Site: www.david-keenan.com

J. Newell wrote:
> If you were buying an M8 today...
>

> (1) Would you (buy an M8)?  Or would you buy an M8.2, or neither?
>

> (2) What would you be concerned about?
>

> (3) What would you expect to pay, roughly, in US$ for a used body?  (I've
done the online search and have an idea of dealer price ranges)

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith) ([Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...)