Subject: [Leica] If You Were Buying an M8 Today...
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:38:50 -0500

No, I bought the first one from B&H, and got it replaced with another
one by Leica. Both died within a week, so I just gave up. The second
one would not recognize the memory card unless I removed the battery,
waited a few minutes, and put it back  in. I downloaded the latest
firmware and installed it and it seems to be working again. I'm going
to try shooting it a lot (both cameras died within 20 frames) and see
if the firmware is a "fix".