Subject: [Leica] Card Readers as Ted spoke of in a recent note
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 15:00:36 -0700

Scott Gregory asked:

I've been using a Lexar card reader for the past 4-5 years to download
photos. But it is awful slow. I assume that perhaps as Ted mentioned, it's
time to invest in a new card reader? Does anyone know much about these
little gadgets? Ted, you mentioned you picked up a fast Hama. Any idea what
the model is!

Obviously the files are getting larger with the larger sensors in cameras.
Have the card readers kept up?

Thanks for comments.

Hi Scott,

Hama  USB 2.0 Card Reader 35 in 1   $29.99 Cdn. There doesn't appear to be a
great deal of information othere than how to plug it into the USB port.

But there wasn't any question when I plugged it into the USB port with the 8
gig card that would not download directly to computer. But in the MAMA card
reader it downloaded in the blink of an eye.

I'm sure others will have thoughts and or more details must be available
from MAMAon the internet.

ted

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Card Readers as Ted spoke of in a recent note)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Card Readers as Ted spoke of in a recent note)