Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:29:38 -0500

I should add that the 5D was my full time camera for a year and a half
(and the 10D and 20D before that)
up until purchasing the M8 and DMR
(20D has been sold and the 5D sits unused).

While it would be swell if the M8 and DMR had full frame sensors;
the notion of "full frame" for its own sake quickly disintegrates
as form factor, ergonomics and quality of image data simply surpass
the 5D.

And I totally agree
with Ming that the Leica RF cameras
provide the most inconspicuous, professional level optical tool
available.
and
with Mark that any camera can get the job done and will
sooner or later disappear into the shooting environment as,
in most cases, people have a pretty short attention span.

People have used medium and even large format 8x10 for candid street
work.

Bottom line: What do YOU like?
For quite a number of us the answer is M whether film or digital -
full frame or not.

I do not understand - if someone loved shooting M's
and now doesn't because they need digital
and the digital M is not full frame;
as lenses are available to achieve the angle of view required
(down to 12mm = 16mm).
(I totally DO understand the economic considerations)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com