Subject: [Leica] a quick hello
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:29:33 -0400

I've used Leicas extensively though admittedly not as much of late because
of digital issues.
I'd be certainly as annoyed if someone came on a list and said they
exchanged an M8 for a DSLR and not have anything to show for it. Including a
reason. Or if what was exchanged was a Canon full frame for an M8 or any
other camera.

I'm a Leica advocate and have been for quite some time.. But there are times
a Hasselblad or Rollei for me is the camera of choice for film. Nikons
maybe.
Nowadays of course there is a big full frame issue and the reason why I'd
not put my Leica glass to work which I love so much and took me such pains
to acquire is that I'd not choose to shoot through the center of them.

Leica has always at least till very recently been also very much about the R
system. Big honking slrs.
And soon the new S system. Even bigger honking DSLR's.

No ones running away when these camera are being pointed @ them.
Nobody is forcing the people who use them to carry around a bag of heavy
lenes with them.

"The Gentleman's camera" thing is baloney.

Mark William Rabiner

http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Carrie.html
Shot with a 90mm APO ASPH Summicron on Delta 100 in Xtol 1:3.
I foolishly shrank it it needs to be made bigger again so you can really see
it.

Replies: Reply from mingthein at gmail.com (Thein Onn Ming) ([Leica] a quick hello)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] a quick hello)