Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Rainy Sunday
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 11:44:25 -0700

Tina showed:

>>>>It's raining today at the farm:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/112633195

Thank goodness!  I won't have to carry water to all of the grapes,

blueberries, peaches, apples, cherries, apricots, peas, spinach,

potatoes, soybeans, tomatoes, eggplants, corn, sunflowers, peppers,

and cucumbers that we planted last week.

Yesterday was sunny and we walked around to look at all of the wild

roses growing on the fences and rocks near the pond:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/112633213

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/112633215
<http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/112633215%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%
3c> <<<<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,

Wonderful rain picture with the blurs of the rain drops, a beauty! As simple
as it is, you brought it to life because of the blurred drops! Good on you.
:-)

Apart from the fact I'm a sucker for rose photographs and have shot lots of
them around home some years ago when we had about 20 plus bushes about the
house. Lost a number a few years ago and those left are still struggling to
come back to their original beauty.

In your "Wild Roses and Rock."  Look at the photo dead centre bottom of
bush, there's a possibility for a neat rose photo in about a week. That is
if the buds open in relation to the weather & time. There's a flower open
with 2 maybe 3 buds hanging down that might make an interesting vertical.
Obviously if Mother Nature and your time can work it out.

If the weather and roses co-operate it appears a potential vertical with the
roses open hanging down half the frame and the bottom of the frame with
lichen  covered rock as background . Obviously much closer and filling the
frame with the several flowers and rock. But it's dead centre of the frame.
Next week? Maybe? :-)

Hey and I'm not trying to tell you how to take a picture, it was just one of
those.. "seeing a potential for next week!" :-) It's something I would do at
home when we had lots of bushes, then mark the calendar to keep an eye on
them. Didn't always work, but it was worth a look.

Cheers

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGS: Rainy Sunday)