Subject: [Leica] Need advice on a "car camera"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 16:40:16 -0400

Two problems with car cameras.

First one seems like I remember on the early days of the LUG people talking
about Leicas they no longer had became they were stolen.
Stolen out of their car every single time.
It's about leaving a camera in your car. You just never want to do it.

But the main reason is if the sun comes out.
Which it has been known to do from time to time.
Maybe not toady I'm not sure.
But when it does the temperature in your car goes from 0 to 600 degrees in
less then minute.
That's a known fact go google it yourself.

Your mileages may differ depending on if your car is white or black;
Or Chrome. And which planet you're parked on.

Keep your cameras always in a place as comfortable as you yourself would
like to be.
On your sofa in your living room.
Would you like to camp out in your glove compartment?
Would your gloves?
I think your gives might but not you or your cameras.

The film does not like being 600 degrees.
The electronics the worst thing for them is heat.
The mechanics are not so great getting hot either.
    They like air conditioning on their lunch breaks.

But it doesn't make any difference because its going to get stolen anyway
out of there anyway.

Mark William Rabiner