Subject: [Leica] Nathan's Book List
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 16:20:07 -0400

I think on some issues hey its only the internet and this is only a chat
group and its only a fellas website so why stand on ceremony?
Welcome to the LUG I use you are a PhD and are proably aware of the publish
or perish mind sets.
I see the term "author" is being used.

I think its nice to have a list of authors but its a different ballgame like
I said before months ago of people who have managed to get published and
perhaps have had to get an agent to do it and people who have done the Blurb
thing. I got a feeling Leon you are a real author.
Are are Ted and Kyle.
But doing a blurb book ain't the same as being a published author.
Lets not blur the line when we speak about Nathan's list.

I live now all of a sudden in a kind of center of the publishing industry.
On Manhattans upper west side.
Where people buy real books in real book stores by real authors. And also on
the sidewalk. Signed by Philip Roth himself right on my corner I've got my
eyes peeled for him as I get the impression he's always walking around.
The bookstore across the street is great you climb ladders to get at the
books an you listen to music played on vinyl.
Westsider Rare & Used Books?
I'm fond of used books for one odd reason one of weight and size; as well as
price.
Publishers can't stay in business selling books for a dollar any more they
need to charge ten or twenty.
So they make the books way bigger than my back pocket to justify those
prices. So I go for books published in the 60's and 70's.

I'd like to get my Domke F-5xb going again last night o took it for a spin.
When out walking it gets my way further than my Domke 803.
I'm going out with it today.

I've got my eyes peeled for a book which fits inside this bag and leaves
room for my camera as well

Mark William Rabiner