Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: OSX on a tiny laptop?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 21:01:53 -0400

from a number of sites, we see that osx can be teased into running
on the dell mini9 .  in fact, it seems to be the cool hack de jour.

"the Mini 9 is about as ideal a platform as you'll find for a
Hackintosh ultraportable: Everything from wi-fi, sound and the
function keys down to the optional integrated mobile broadband card
and the SD card reader are supported and work as they should. No
hardware compromises at all. It's awesome."

http://hackaday.com/2009/02/21/dell-mini-9-osx-install/
http://gizmodo.com/5058287/dell-inspiron-mini-9-now-running-os-x-leopard
http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2008/10/13519/

the mini9 is a very small netbook, which you can get for under $300.
you need an outboard DVD drive (it's too small to contain one).

i have a mini9 on which i run ubuntu. i got mine for $249 or
something with ubuntu, wifi, webcam.  it's really small.

-rei