Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Peru Blog
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 15:57:11 -0400

At 03:43 PM 5/7/2009, you wrote:

>Hi Tina,
>
>It's amazing you only shot 2000 frames! :-) I suppose I have to ask, but
>would you have shot that many frames with film? OK before you answer and I
>was on that kind of location and asked the same question? My answer would
>be, "yep no different!"  because we write with our cameras and rarely if
>ever do we think about how many rolls or pictures we take. So OK over to you
>for your answer?  So many neat photographs, wonderful photos and variation
>of angles. :-)

Thanks, Ted!

I probably would have shot as many with film, except for thinking of
all of the work when I got back to the darkroom!!  Usually, I planned
on 300 rolls for every two weeks of travel.  That's probably not too
different from digital, except with digital, I don't have to worry
about taking lots of different speeds of film, and B&W + color.  On
the days when I spend most of the day doing laundry or hiking or
translating, I would take many fewer photos so it all averages out
with film or digital.

>So many questions to ask, however I'll save them until October at the LEICA
>Seminar in Hyannis. :-)

We'll have a lot to talk about!  I can't wait to get your new book
and have you sign it for me ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com