Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 02:21:39 -0400

The M8 is a first out for Leica its first digital camera.
The fact that it works at all is a miracle.
Its hard not to think of it as a beta camera.

The M8.2 is a valuable tweak up from that representing some of what its
learned from the experience of introducing this camera.
The M8.2 is no longer a first out. It represents some real experience and
feedback which would have to be invaluable.

Screw mount Leicas were all up gradable in the 30's, 40's and 50's.
You could always send in a IIIA and have it turned it into a IIIB and then a
C down the line as more improvements happened.

I'd for sure get Leicas latest development in its digital m serious camera.
>From all I specifically hear its quite worth it.
It would be hard to carry around an 8 the whole time wondering how much
better off my shooting situation would be with the 8.2.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] 8 or 8.2)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] 8 or 8.2)