Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 18:48:52 -0700

Goes to show that personal preferences are what count. I'd pay maybe
$5 more for an M8.2, figuring that the pluses of the 8.2 pretty much
balance the lack of 1/8000sec.

To add to that. The 'more accurate framelines' belong to the M8, as
that shows what you get at minimum focus. The 8.2 framelines show
what you get between minimum and infinity.

For accurate framing I like a view camera or a digital P&S or dslr
with LiveView. With the M8, like any other Leica RF, you get used to
the parameters, and then work with that.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com